Global packaging design
Husqvarna asked Brand Club to develop a more clear, coherent and market friendly packaging design.
Design assignments on an industrial scale are always complex:
- flexible design system – the products differ a lot in shape and size
- 29 languages, one package
- logistics and integration in the production process
- cardboard quality, durability requirements and printing techniques
- different legal requirements on different markets
- counterfeit protection
- integration of visual design guide lines in production systems
In order to create a flexible visual design system with so many factors to consider we tried to find the smallest common visual building blocks. These formed the basis for the development of a uniform design and information architecture.
The new packaging design was tested throughout the project. What did the dealers and customers think about the design? How well did they integrate into production? Was the durability good enough?
When all bits and pieces were in place we developed the graphic guidelines. Also we produced all tools necessary letting Husqvarna’s in-house agency continue working with the new packaging design.